Office365 reseller

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

Im working in IT and have a couple of clients that want Office 365 and want me to organize this.

I would like to know what is the best way to do this? I would like to resell these subscriptions to my clients but im looking for a platform where this is easy to manage. Is there one?

If I have 30 clients with each 20 mailboxes, I need a good system for invoicing, else ill be just busy doing admin (not what I want), so really hoping for some guidance.

T.I.A.

4 Replies

Hi,

did you ever get an answer? I am also standing right before rolling out a Client with 30 seats and I also like to resell licenses.

Greetings

Andre

Depending on your volume and future plans, maybe you should consider enrolling as a CSP partner with Microsoft: https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-solution-provider/csp-partner

Hope this helps!

BR, Miguel.

I have read there are 2 different ways to resell: direct or indirect. If you sell licences on small volume (what I want to do) I need to sign up as a CSP partner?

How does it work? Do I get a login page where I can add my clients and the clients pay directly to MS or do they pay me, and I pay MS?

In the Microsoft CSP program you can be a Direct partner (tier 1) or a Indirect partner (tier 2). 

Direct partner (tier 1) Microsoft -> Reseller -> End-user

As the name implies, partners who choose this model will work directly with Microsoft and are responsible for the entire customer relationship.

In order to meet Microsoft’s support, billing, and invoicing requirements, direct partners must have a mature infrastructure that can handle these and more customer-facing processes. This requires a substantial investment for many companies. Direct partners also have to meet an annual purchase volume and other strict requirements. like:

Billing

As a Cloud Solution Provider, you are responsible for billing your customers on a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis for the cloud services they consume.

Automation platform

CSP direct partners are required to have a platform for automated provisioning, billing, and configuration of cloud solutions. This platform has to use the CSP APIs and the self-service portal. CSP indirect partners are allowed to partner with a CSP Distributor like Resello to meet these platform requirements.

Support

Your company needs to offer high-quality support. This means meeting industry standards for response time, availability, and channels of support delivered.

Purchase volume

CSP direct partners must meet an annual purchase volume amounting to USD 100.000 or more. There are no yearly 

Indirect partner (tier 2) Microsoft-> Distributor -> Reseller -> End user

Many resellers prefer the indirect model and partner with a CSP Distributor (like Resello) for the support and billing infrastructure they need to sell through CSP.

The indirect model is a good fit for partners who want to fully leverage the benefits of selling Microsoft cloud solutions with a short time to market without having to make a large upfront investment. Indirect partners still build strong relationships with their customers, but offload Microsoft’s support and billing requirements to a specialized indirect provider.

Kind regards,

Timon Bergsma