Office 365 home page / main menu background color always blue

Iron Contributor

The background color of the Office 365 home page is not using the theme color anymore. Is it a bug or feature?

In my production environment, my theme is purple and for development, it's orange but the menu is always blue.

ProductionProduction

DevelopmentDevelopment

Am I missing a configuration somewhere?

I tested both in Chrome and IE.

Thanks

10 Replies
I have seen things like this many times, the app launcher is inherently buggy (: It typically seems to occur when some updates are getting pushed, but this is just a guess on my part. There is no configuration anywhere.
Clearing the browser caches has fixed it for me sometimes, but it has also fixed itself after some period of time. Good Luck.

Same issue in my tenant, but I'd take Dean's advice on it. It's a lost batlle :)

Mine's gone black, it was the same colour as the settings in the Admin portal ... blue would be ok with me, lol.

portalimage.PNG

Mmm...not seeing this now...could it happen the issue has been solved?

Aha! So we aren't the only ones. Our theme color was red, so the color behind the search bar was also red.

Now our background is blue as well (looks like the default blue?), but our theme color is still red.

Looks like we have a mix of everything.

So the question is what is the expected behaviour?

Is the blue menu what we are supposed to get or a temporary rollout bug? I think that the theme color was looking better.

We will be producing documentation soon so I would like to have some feedback from product team.

Thank you all for the feedback.  

Interest I just noticed that when you click on the cog, where it allows you select a theme it says the following:

O365Theme.PNG

Interesting is that the only two selectable high-light colours are Black and Blue.

Ok so if I change the setting from here:

O365Theme2.PNG 

then change it back to the default, it changes back to what I had set as a company:

O365Theme3.PNG

That is so weird. I was going to try changing to another theme then back to default but when I connected to O365 tonight, guess what, it's back to purple

O365 Home - Prod 02-22.png

Didn't change anything. Only difference is that I connected from home.

I'll see tomorrow morning if it stays that way.

Can confirm, today our/my background color went back to the theme color (=red).