Office 365 adminstration, The True Cost of Office 365 ?

Brass Contributor

Group, MessageOp conducted a survey of 101 Office 365 admins representing companies with less then 50 users to over 500 users.  We asked 12 questions regarding how much time they spend on managing the Office 365 platform.  The research reveals how much time they spend on what acitvties.  If you are interested to see how you compare to your peers this will be a great read. If you are a Microsoft CSP trying to develop a managed Office 365 service offering, this research will show you where admins spend the most time per month on what activies and how to price your solution. 

I have also attached a infograph and if you would like to see what Redmond Channel wrote about the research click here

I hope this research helps you.

5 Replies

Chris, just saw the article in RCPmag and am surprised that there has not yet been any commentary on these survey results, as this is an important discussion. 

My first thought is that this is compelling evidence on the value of working through an MSP model rather than owning internally the Tier-1 support. As Scott Bekker points out in the article, the sample size is not large enough to provide insights into specific verticals or segments, and i would expect that any extended focus within O365 (an additional project management solution built onto the tenant, or an integrated Dynamics CRM solution) would add additional cost. Likewise, this study does not look into the complexity of managing hybrid environments -- an issue only skimmed in the latest Hybrid SharePoint research, which my company produced with Microsoft as the lead sponsor.

Might be an interesting pivot for both companies to join forces, share some data.

I couldn't read it because of the pop-up ad blocking the view.

I agree with your comments and would like to speak with you on how we could collaborate. 

Chris, I blogged on the topic here: http://www.buckleyplanet.com/2017/04/understanding-the-true-management-costs-of-office-365.html

Happy to connect, and will send you a DM with my details.