SOLVED

Office 365 SSPR

Copper Contributor

I am trying to enable SSPR for all of our users, and according to the document linked below, having an e5 license satisfies the requirements for this to work.  All our users have e5 licenses assigned to them, but according to the Azure AD portal, on premise integration is not enabled.  I have Azure AD connect configured on premise, and have turned off and on password write back multiple times.  I also have ensured that the sync account has all the right permissions.  Not sure why it is not working, but I want to rule out needing to have Azure AD Premium even though the document claims it works for e5 users.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/concept-sspr-licensing

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
That document specifies Microsoft 365 E3 or E5 (a bundle of Office 365 and EMS). Do you have the full Microsoft 365 E5 or just Office 365 E5? Office 365 E5 is not enough on it's own for this feature. Azure AD Premium is required, which is a component of all of the following licenses and packages:

Azure AD Premium P1
Azure AD Premium P2
Enterprise Mobility + Security E3 or A3
Enterprise Mobility + Security E5 or A5
Microsoft 365 E3 or A3
Microsoft 365 E5 or A5
Microsoft 365 F1
We just have office 365 E5. This explains why it is not working. I was unaware there was a Microsoft 365 E5. Thanks for your help.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
That document specifies Microsoft 365 E3 or E5 (a bundle of Office 365 and EMS). Do you have the full Microsoft 365 E5 or just Office 365 E5? Office 365 E5 is not enough on it's own for this feature. Azure AD Premium is required, which is a component of all of the following licenses and packages:

Azure AD Premium P1
Azure AD Premium P2
Enterprise Mobility + Security E3 or A3
Enterprise Mobility + Security E5 or A5
Microsoft 365 E3 or A3
Microsoft 365 E5 or A5
Microsoft 365 F1

View solution in original post