Office 365 Reporting and Monitoring (ISV products)

MVP

I keep a close eye on the third-party reporting and monitoring space for Office 365, mostly because this is an area that ISVs can deliver real value to medium-to-large enterprises as Microsoft doesn't retain reporting data for very long (180 days at present - a blink to a large enterprise). Here's my current take on the situation: https://www.itunity.com/article/thoughts-reporting-monitoring-products-office-365-3419

8 Replies

Can we view similar information for our deployments?

You'll have to be more specific about "our deployments". Generally, Microsoft provides a set of basic reports through the Office 365 Admin Center. If you want more than the data reported there, you'll have to consider a third party product such as ENow's MailScape 365 or Cogmotive Reports. More details are in the article.
Thanks for the response. I meant for our rollout of 365. I'll take a look at Admin Center, and if the higher ups want more data.
Rule #1 for data: Senior management (the higher ups) always want more. Take a look at the ISV products too - most of them allow you to download a test version.

I have been reading the article you linked to and scanned the products you mentioned, however I cannot find a tool, cmdlet or whatever that can generate a report on the usage of rooms in Office365. Our organization wants to know what the utilization of the different meeting rooms in our organization are. Do you know of any product that can generate this can of report? I really don’t want to write that code myself.

I don't know any product that provides a room usage report. This might be something that you need to write yourself, maybe with PowerShell.

I would like to add one more office 365 reporting product from AdminDroid. It's an on-premise application.
http://admindroid.com/

Personally speaking, there's no way that I would recommend a new product that forces you to download and install locally. For Office 365, processing should be SAS based. There are many other products that have similar reporting functionality that run in the cloud... Personal preference!