SOLVED

Office 365 Public folders getting errors when trying to access

Copper Contributor

We have a person who is having issues getting into Public folders.    We have opened a ticket with Microsoft and they have not been able to assist.   Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

Your Server Administrator has limited the number of items you can open simultaneously.   Try closing messages you have opened or removing attachments and images from unsent messages you are composing.

We have turned on Cache Exchange mode and set the Download Shared Folders. 

We have made the recommended Registry change that Microsoft recommended but this more appears to be a server change so I wasn't sure how this would fix it.  

Since this Office 365 we have no way of making that registry change.  

Cached, no registry change – Error that started this all off. (Your server administrator..)

Cached, registry change – Unusable, never gets past splash screen
 Uncached, registry change – (Your server administrator..) error

Uncached, no registry change - Your server administrator..) error

10 Replies
What Office 365 and EXO license is the user assigned?

Thank you for the Response.  

The user is running on Office 365 A1 Plus for faculty license. with Exchange online Plan 1.

Good, what app was the user working on? Outlook desktop? on the web? what device and OS? was the user performing any task, or the error appears on opening the app?

She is using outlook 2016. We have confirmed that when she uses outlook web access it doeant do this.

She gets this error whenever she tries to open public folders. It happens on a fresh open so nothing else is open when she tries it.

use Long Path Tool. Its the best

best response confirmed by Michael McGuiggan (Copper Contributor)
Solution
please check if you have this fix update installed (KB3114972):
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3114972/april-5-2016-update-for-outlook-2016-kb3114972
To check, go to start -> control panel -> programs -> view installed updates -> check if you see KB3114972 anywhere there. If you don't, follow the steps to install it

Thank you Pablo,  I am having our desktop support guy try this, this morning.  Its seems to be a good solution however we use Exchange Active Sync and not MAPI.   Hopefully this will apply to us as well. 

I will come back and update once the desktop support guy has done the update. 

Good, I cross fingers while waiting for your news ;)

So far the user hasn't had any issues.    We are waiting a couple of days before closing the ticket but it actually looks like this resolved it.

Good! Thank you for the update!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Michael McGuiggan (Copper Contributor)
Solution
please check if you have this fix update installed (KB3114972):
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3114972/april-5-2016-update-for-outlook-2016-kb3114972
To check, go to start -> control panel -> programs -> view installed updates -> check if you see KB3114972 anywhere there. If you don't, follow the steps to install it

View solution in original post