SOLVED

New App Launcher and privacy

Steel Contributor

THe new app launcher looks great, but has anyone thought about the following scenario.

You are presenting to an audience or working with a group of people or IT tech support. You go into office 365 and access the launcher. 

Document titles that maybe private or highly confidential maybe unintentionally exposed. I doubt there is anyway to block that other than to advise people to make obscure titles to these types of documents....

For a presentation open you apps ahead of time and hope nothing crashes. 

Thoughts? 

25 Replies

Did the ability to remove these documents, with confidential information in the file name, from your MRU in Office.com not workaround the issue for you?

The ability to pin and remove is good, yes. It requires intentional action which won't always happen. I find I tend to use that just to get a file I no longer care about to go away and stop taking up space in the menu.

@Katie Kivett - I agree with @Geoffrey Bronner, relying on manual removal is not the way to go. Again, I have to ask why this is seen as such a necessary feature? Even pushing it off the initial view, a la the 'All Apps' link sliding out the full list, would answer this problem (and presumably be a relatively easy add). Less initial clutter is so much more helpful to our users in the real world.

The goal is to better enable navigation throughout the O365 web suite via recent documents to help users get to work more efficiently. The new app launcher is going to be fully rolled out to 100% production in the next few weeks. We will continue to monitor feedback, usage and telemetry to determine the right next steps. Thank you for the open conversation and continued feedback on the new experience.

Come see what's new with Office.com and experiences built into Office 365 in the web at Ignite!

Our sessions will build on what we shared last year with the redesign of the O365 app launcher and redesigned office.com and include lots of live demo!

Demo Palooza: Office.com and New O365 web experiences
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Ignite-Content-2018/Demo-palooza-Office-com-and-new...

Going beyond the waffle: From search to chat and more, what's new in Office 365 web experiences to power the digital transformation

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Ignite-Content-2018/Going-beyond-the-waffle-From-se...

I use Office 365 Excel and I find the recent document continuously opens, even though it is not the most recent document.  Further, when the iPhone screen lock comes on, I have to switch back to the Excel app, which, again, brings up a recent sheet, however, not the current one I was working on.  I have to exit that sheet and reopen the newest sheet.

This is fairly new issue - a couple of months.  I'd like to disable the recent document option and to have the app available when I wake up the iPhone.

Dan