Lots of licensing questions A1 vs A1 Plus, Exchangle Plan 1 vs 2 and Sharepoint Plan 1 vs 2?

Steel Contributor

I have a few licensing questions. Every time I think I know answer to these I find something more to confuse me.

1. A1 vs A1 Plus - It seems these two plans are identical other than one includes Office Mobile Apps for Office 365 and the other includes Office 365 ProPlus. I have 136 licenses (a number that makes no sense?) of A1 and unlimited of A1 Plus. I have an EES agreement for 73 of Microsoft Desktop Education w/Standard CAL - license & software assurance which seems to include one or both of these?
  2. Exchange Online Plan 1 vs 2 - Plan 1 is included in the A1 plans above but I can get Plan 2 for free so I do, why not? If Plan 2 is free why isn't it just included in A1 instead of Plan 1? What are differences between 1 and 2?
    1. Sub question - I can also get Exchange Online Protection for free, is it included in either Plan 1 or 2? Is it an add-on?
  3. SharePoint Plan 1 for EDU vs Plan 2 for EDU - Plan 1 is included in the A1 plans but I just added Project Online which is also available for free (doesn't seem to work but that is another post). In the project online license it includes Plan 2. To enable Project Online I have to manually disable Plan 1 in A1 so I can enable Plan 2. What are differences between 1 and 2?

I have tried to find answers to this looking around but haven't had much success. Thanks for any info you can share.

0 Replies