SOLVED

Installing Office365 on multiple computers

Copper Contributor
So I have the version of Office365 that allows you to install on five different computers.

My question is, if I install it on another computer, will somebody else be able to have their own user account, thus preventing the ability to edit each other’s documents?
2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Yes.

After downloading Office ProPlus from your account and installing it on a machine, you go to File->Account in one of the Office applications (Word, for example) and sign in with the user account (MSA or O365 work account) that you prefer.

Every account has thus access to its particular list of recent files and to its ODfB/SharePoint doclibs (and/or OneDrive consumer) and so on.

Each user needs to be licenced with Office 365 ProPlus and if the user will be using the same machine as yourself. Please review the below around Shared Activation for Office 365 ProPlus. 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Overview-of-shared-computer-activation-for-Office-365-ProPl...

Regards

Andrew J. Price

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Yes.

After downloading Office ProPlus from your account and installing it on a machine, you go to File->Account in one of the Office applications (Word, for example) and sign in with the user account (MSA or O365 work account) that you prefer.

Every account has thus access to its particular list of recent files and to its ODfB/SharePoint doclibs (and/or OneDrive consumer) and so on.

View solution in original post