I keep getting, "One of your subscriptions has been cancelled error" messages

Copper Contributor

Ever since the planner preview ended I've been getting "One of your subscriptions has been cancelled" notifications. The link in the notification provides information but doesn't provide useful help. 

I've checked my account and the admin subcriptions and don't see where the notification is coming from - or at least a way to get rid of the notification.

Any hint?

Thanks

7 Replies

Thanks for the link - I'd not seen it. Sadly, there doesn't appear to be a fix for this alert. 

I'd contacted O365 support when this first appeared and they felt that it would go away after a while. It's been a while and the problem is still there.

Guess I'll have to wait some more Smiley Sad

It will go away once the relevant subscription disappears from your Billing view :) Which in some cases might mean years, but in general something like 30 days or so.

I'm also getting this message. The Planner Preview Trial is listed under the Deprovisioned header in my Office 365 Subscriptions page. However, it says that this expired in July 2016, which is 5 months ago. 

It's very frustrating having this show up on every page load, with no option to clear it.

Planner has some amazing potential and our company has been using it to track all our projects and tasks as well.

Having said that, I have been disappointed with a myriad of issues that still exist in Planner: Email notifications are not consistent, frequent errors of all kinds for no apparent reason, descriptions of tasks disappearing without any reason when a task is closed, etc.

Not to mention that there still is no mobile app for Planner yet.

I'm still keeping hope alive since it's such a great application overall and I like the vision for where it's headed. I just hope the Planner product managers fix some of these things before they lose traction on the application.

My problem has now been fixed. I logged a support call through the Office 365 Admin center. They determined that the issue was related to two subscriptions that had been removed from our plan earlier last year (August from memory). These were listed under the Subscriptions page in the Billing section.

The support person put in a request to remove these subscriptions from our plan. This took a few days, but now the subscriptions are no longer listed in the Billing section and the annoying message is no longer shown on every page load.

I asked if there was another way of getting these cleaned up, but the support person said that logging a support request is the correct process.

I can't remember the category that the cancelled subscriptions were listed under in the Office 365 Admin. I guess it was "cancelled". These subscriptions are now listed under the "deprovisioned" category. We are a Microsoft Partner and last year Microsoft upgraded partners from E3 to E5 plans. I believe this is what caused our previous plans to be listed under "cancelled".

This is so annoying. If it came up once, even once per session, that would be tolerable. But not if it comes up with every single page I visit in our tenant. 

Here is the UserVoice suggestion to turn it off. Please add your vote. I don't know why it's not even being considered, seeing how old it is and how hard it can be. 

https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/273493-office-365-admin/suggestions/9677841-stop-dismiss-noti...