I exported all my Office 365 inbox to Gmail and now I want to undo and send them all back

Copper Contributor

I exported all my Office 365 inbox to my gmail account thinking that they would appear both on my Office 365 account and my gmail account however all my emails have now disappeared from my Office 365 inbox and I'm only able to view them on Gmail. This presents a problem because this now means I can't reply to people using my Office 365 email address which I need to because none of my clients recognise my gmail address. 

I am wondering if anyone knows how I can reverse this export and return all my Office 365 emails to my Office 365 inbox and get rid of the link between the two accounts, instead I will just set up an automatic forward so I can keep a copy of all my emails on both accounts.

Any help would be massively appreciated.
Thanks
5 Replies
Can you share details about how did you export your mailbox to GMail?

Gmail inbox > Settings > Accounts and Import > Import mail and contacts

Hey,

I think you might look for a solution to export Gmail to PST

Once you get a PST file you can easily import it in Office 365 account using AzCopy Tool

Hi Derek,

You can configure Outlook connected to Office 365, then connect to Gmail using IMAP and change the delivery of the email within the same Outlook profile to the Office 365 account.

hi 

as you described your using Office 365, are you able to login in OWA, or your outlook app is connected with exchange server??

note: Email disappears from mail box only when it is archived from mail storage. exported mails will not disappear from mailbox 

can you elaborate the process you have performed this action. step by step

do you use outlook app on system or you use on OWA. 

regards

Kiran