How do I change the content that is shown in the Link Preview in Outlook?

Copper Contributor

This is what I'm talking about, when you type a link into a new message and hit enter:

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 8.00.12 AM.png

I've tried using meta data and open graph tags (see below) to alter the preview image, title, and description, but nothing seems to effect the Preview content.

<meta name="title" content="Enspiren Transport, Inc. offers outstanding Owner Operator trucking opportunities!" />
            <meta name="description" content="As our company grows, so do our opportunities for qualified Owner Operators. Our belief in hiring the 'Best in Class' drivers promotes our dedication to our customers' satisfaction with our transportation services. We continually look for ways to provide streamlined service to our customers while providing solutions with the highest commitment to excellence and integrity. Welcome to the Enspiren Way!" />
            <meta name="keywords" content="owner operator, enspiren, truck driving, truck driver, trucking career, owner operator job, truck driving job, owner operator position, trucking job" />

<meta property="og:title" content="Enspiren Transport, Inc. offers outstanding Owner Operator trucking opportunities!">
            <meta property="og:description" content="As our company grows, so do our opportunities for qualified Owner Operators. Our belief in hiring the 'Best in Class' drivers promotes our dedication to our customers' satisfaction with our transportation services. We continually look for ways to provide streamlined service to our customers while providing solutions with the highest commitment to excellence and integrity. Welcome to the Enspiren Way!">
            <meta property="og:image" content="http://www.drive4enspiren.com/images/uploads/page/logo.jpg">

I noticed Google has the same (old) meta information, so does Office pull from Google's scrape?

What is the correct or preferred way of updating this?

4 Replies

I guess this feature relies on Bing internally instead of Google.  How long have you waited for your website to be crawled and updated by Bing (and other search engines)? Bing Webmaster provides some tools using which you can probably trigger a re-index of your site...

That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

I've added the sites in Bing Webmaster Tools and submitted the URL's to be indexed, but it doesn't seem to have an effect yet.

I'll check it again later today or tomorrow and let you know if it works.

Has this issue ever been solved? I have been having this issue with a website for months now and have tried a million things and haven't been able to fix it. I can't seem to get an image to show in the link preview, however all other websites I've tested show a thumbnail.

This is still an issue, it was showing text from a hidden div in the footer of our site(s) completely ignoring open graph and meta descriptions.