SOLVED

Frequent Exchange Error Popup

Copper Contributor

When logged in to the Exchange Admin Center an error pops up every 5 seconds or so that says: "error
Your request couldn't be completed. Please try again in a few minutes." Otherwise the admin center is working fine.

What might be causing this? How can I fix it or get it to stop? It makes it hard to get anything done in the admin center.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Tyson Linger (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Is this O365 or on-premises? If it's O365, definitely open a support case to get this properly investigated.

One thing you can try in the meantime is to open the "show cmdlets logging" dialog (under the ? menu) and look at any actions that appear there, that might be causing the issue.

Office365. Thank you. I played around with the commandlets log by clicking on various buttons. I did not know about that feature. Occasionally there was a failed action. It failed because the account I use for administration purposes has no licenses assigned to it. I keep the accounts with administration rights separate from daily use accounts. This might be connected to the error I am receiving. However the error has only been a recent occurrence, last year this did not happen. This raises another question. Why is the admin center trying to access the email account of the admin? Is there a purpose for that? See below for a copy of one of the errors (with the names changed):

"

Command:

Get-MailboxRegionalConfiguration

Exception:

The specified mailbox "NAMPR19A001.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM/Microsoft Exchange Hosted Organizations/Contoso.onmicrosoft.com/BobAdminAccount" doesn't exist. Reason: NAMPR19A001.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM/Microsoft Exchange Hosted Organizations/Contoso.onmicrosoft.com/BobAdminAccount isn't a mailbox user."

I'm guessing that's where the EAC (tries to) get the language settings for the user. In general, you should not need a license to manage any settings in the EAC (well maybe eDiscovery).

Anyway, open a support case and report this, they should definitely take a look.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tyson Linger (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Is this O365 or on-premises? If it's O365, definitely open a support case to get this properly investigated.

One thing you can try in the meantime is to open the "show cmdlets logging" dialog (under the ? menu) and look at any actions that appear there, that might be causing the issue.

View solution in original post