Feb 2017 Features, Security and Non-Security updates Defferred Channel - WTH??

Copper Contributor

Feb 2017 Features, Security and Non-Security updates Defferred Channel - WTH??

So... with the delay\skip of Feb 2017 Windows patches, What the heck is going to happen with the scheduled release update set for the 365 Deferred Channel that should have nothing to do with whatever the delay for Windows updates was caused by?

Office 365 client update channel releases
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/mt465751
"The Deferred Channel release scheduled for February 14, 2017 has been delayed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Our (and our users) entire updating plan is highly dependant on MS's design which is supposta take in to account stuff like this and let us continue our rollouts of non-security fixes and features on the 4 month delayed cycle for Deferred Channel (which have all been tested,retested and tested some more over many months by us non-paid monkeys of microsoft that run the insider builds).  We have 5 other major projects in the works that have been scheduled around this madness and we shouldn't have to reschedule everything when the design of this mess is supposta take in to account glitches in the matrix such as a buggy zero day security fix that can't be pulled since you cumulatived everything.  Our users pre-tested all the new features, fixes, etc on schedule by your design and are expecting a rollout of the cool new stuff you promised on the deadline of deferred branch/channel/ring/flight ver 1609 this week.  If we have to wait till next month, that is going to throw a monkey wrench into an already cobbled together pile of spaghetti.  We are going to have our users call your HelpDesk instead of ours at this point.

Signed - Frustrated 365 Admin of 20,000+ users -

1 Reply
I am rounding up some folks to make sure and get some responses going on this thread for you. But also please feel free to email me Jemed @ Microsoft.com directly and I can help get to the bottom of this. So sorry for your frustration.