Exchange Online: Remove Calendar Permissions for a list of users from 1 mailbox

Iron Contributor

Hey Guys, 

I am trying to remove calendar permissions for a list of users from a single mailbox. For Example this mailbox here: "Customer Mailbox" has 40 users added to various folders with reviewer, editor and other calendar permissions. 

I would like to remove those users and make sure to leave the default permissions as is. here is my command that is not working. 

Get-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity "Customer Mailbox" | Where {$_.User -notlike "*Default*" -and $_.User -notlike "*Anonymous*" -and $_.User -notlike "*Group Access*"} | foreach {Remove-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity "Customer Mailbox" -User $_}

The above command produces a result of about 40 users. 

How might i get my command to work ? 

Thanks, 

Robert

2 Replies

Simply run the cmdlet against the Calendar folder (so the Identity becomes "Customer mailbox:\Calendar").

If you want to remove the permissions for other folders as well, check this script: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Office-365-Remove-mailbox-00cd2423

@Robert Bollinger 

Will that also blow away any delegate permissions, where users can accept or decline on behalf of the calendar? 

Get-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity "Customer Mailbox" | Where {$_.User -notlike "*Default*" -and $_.User -notlike "*Anonymous*" -and $_.User -notlike "*Group Access*"} | foreach {Remove-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity "Customer Mailbox" -User $_}