Envelope printing in Word no longer works correctly

Copper Contributor

Nearly EVERY day I print at least a few envelopes via the Mailings, Envelopes feature in Word.  Since the 6/5/17  update, my mailing address now prints way too far to the left (almost under the return address).  I have used this functionality nearly every day for 4 years, successfully, prior to 6/5/17.  I contacted godaddy support and, as always, I wasted my time with no result other than "it works fine for us."

I also tried to set manual margins for the envelope via the Options button, but this only works occasionally... other times after I OK the options with my new marings, when I return back into the Options it has reset back to Auto.

My Printer is an Brother DCP-7065DN and I have O365 Business (through godadd-- don't ever do it !!!!)  The printer is direct connected via USB and I am printing #10 envelopes through the manual feeder (same as always)

Please HELP - THIS IS CRITICAL FUNCTIONALITY FOR ME!

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

13 Replies

Out of curiosity, which are your Office version and build?

Version 1704 (Build 8067.2115)

So you are on Current Channel, correct?

Perhaps you could try and upgrade to the latest CC version, i.e. Version 1705 (Build 8201.2075)...

Yes, current channel.

How do I initiate that upgrade?

Oops, I just ran Update Now from Word and it appears to be downloading files.

This update did not fix the issue.  Still same problem.  UGH!

Time to open a ticket with MS support, I think...

I am now having this exact same problem.

Will you let me know if you find a solution?

Thanks,

Robert

rweston403@gmail.com

How do I do that?  Godaddy said they can't replicate the issue so they can't open a ticket. 

Have you tried with Microsoft support?

Version 1704 Build 8067.2115

Guys, it looks like a bug present in the latest versions.

You have to open a ticket with MS support.

We are having the exact same problem.  Person who handles our MS software spent three hours on the phone with them one evening.  Deleted Word and downloaded again.  Worked once so she hung up.  Hasn't worked since!