Disable Junk E-mail filtering for Kiosk mailboxes

Brass Contributor

I am trying to find a way to Disable Junk E-mail filtering for Kiosk mailboxes and get all mail in Inbox

8 Replies

Interested in why you want to do this? If its junk it should not go into the inbox.

Yes not a normal issue however we have an application which picks up emails from inbox and cant add other folders. There are some legitimate emails in junk which are getting omitted,  so easy workaround is to disable junkmail and all goes to inbox.

Inbox rule - change SCL to 0. That might work. Or Set-Mailbox -SCL values on the specific mailbox. You have [-SCLDeleteEnabled <$true | $false>]
[-SCLDeleteThreshold <Int32>]
[-SCLJunkEnabled <$true | $false>]
[-SCLJunkThreshold <Int32>]
[-SCLQuarantineEnabled <$true | $false>]
[-SCLQuarantineThreshold <Int32>]
[-SCLRejectEnabled <$true | $false>]
[-SCLRejectThreshold <Int32>]

See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/mailboxes/set-mailbox?view=exchange-ps

UPDATE:

So I managed to disable junkmail for all mailboxes within a specific licence group using the following:

Get-Mailbox | Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration –Enabled $False

Now I want to have this by default for any new mailboxes created this is disabled by default. Is this possible?

Any help on this one?

Thanks for the link however I need to remove the junk filtering on only a specific licence model which is Kiosk and F1 license :\

Yeah, tou have to filter that in the script based on licensing