Copying Links to Paragraphs in OneNote

Copper Contributor

I have a question about copying linking paragraphs in OneNote to another page. There doesn't seem to be an option to copy a link to paragraph on mine. When I right click there is only the option to make an a hyperlink. Is there another way to create a link to a paragraph? I am able to copy a link to a whole page, just not a specific paragraph. 

Paragraph Options                             Page Options 

Link.PNGlink page.PNG

4 Replies

Copy and paste a link to a paragraph

1. Move your cursor to the left edge of the paragraph you want to link.

2. Right-click the four-headed arrow next to the paragraph the link should point to.

3. On the shortcut menu, click Copy Link to Paragraph.

The link to the selected paragraph and the paragraph text are copied to the Clipboard.

4. Click the location on the page that is to contain the link.

5. Right-click the location on the page that is to contain the link, and on the shortcut menu, choose Paste.

OneNote inserts a link that, when clicked, displays the target paragraph.

@kayla7 

@Paras Dodhia Hi, the Copy Link to Paragraph. does not appear on One Note, hence the same question I too have as the original poster.

It is mentioned on all MS OneNote documentation, but does not seem to appear.

Please do suggest any further,
Thanks

@MufeedA I can only get it to work in the actual app not the in-brower app.

I'm also trying to create a hyperlink in OneNote. I have tried doing so on the OneNote app and OneNote online. In both instances there is no "Copy link to paragraph" option available in the shortcut menu(the same as the post above). How is this possible? And which other method can I try besides right-clicking the four headed arrow or right-clicking the highlighted text?

@Paras Dodhia