Converting users to contacts on ADConnect to Office 365

Brass Contributor

Hello All,

I am planning to sync users from two different organizations to my Office 365 tenant however, I would like to sync first organization as users (Normal sync scenario) but the second organization users i'd like to sync them as Contacts to Office 365. 

Previously I managed something similar using Sync rules editor by copying a user rule but now not sure how many rules do I have to create and how would the transformation rules look like.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

M

2 Replies

I don't think this is supported by Microsoft, though I guess it should be possible. But if you are trying to do a GalSync scenario, why not simply use the tool with the same name? :) PowerShell should also give you a solution via scheduled script.

The customer I am trying to do this for want if possible to avoid the need of having to buy 10K licenses for MIM. but I think the power shell script would be great scenario.

The only problem is that we want to use single ADConnect for multiple forests where each forest will sync to its own Azure AD and in the meantime each forest will send its users as contacts to the other forests so all users could easily find each other on Skype for business/Exchange as external contacts.

That's the thing I am trying to do..