Adding 2003 AD forest in AD connect

Steel Contributor

We are Adding 2003 AD forest in AD connect

the forest is contoso.com but when added, the name was changed to syncad2k3.ntttest.microsoft.com. 

Any Known issue?

Capture.JPG

1 Reply

I'm sure the problem sparking this post has already been resolved however I figured I would post for others that may also have this problem. I came across this post as it was the only hit on Google that contained 'syncad2k3.ntttest.microsoft.com'. 

@Marvin Oco ... I also experienced this when attempting to migrate a configuration; however, the configuration was 2016 functional level. Your post actually made me dig into my configuration and export in more detail. Thank you.  When attempting to migrate an exported configuration to a new AD Connect server I saw the mentioned 2k3 directory.  From my experience the the exported configuration on the source contained an unconfigured/potentially corrupt connector.  After the identified misconfigured connector was removed from the configuration on the original source connector server, I performed a new configuration export and went through the import process on the new server. The mentioned directory was no longer displayed and I was able to proceed with the correct domain connectors. In my scenario I was migrating 5 different connectors associated with separate domains.