Home

Video API Not Working

Highlighted
Oliver Guo
Occasional Contributor

Video API Not Working

Hi,

I met a strange problem.

Our app using Video API to provide video service for 6 months. It's been working very well.

Since Yesterday, our app still receive an "Unknow Error" when calling Video API:

{"odata.error":{"code":"-1, Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.UnknownError","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"Unknown Error"}}}

Some request can be successfull after several retries. But for now, every request was failed :-(

Is SP Online changed its auth method? or Video has stopped API support?

Looking forward to a timely reply.

Thanks,

Oliver

6 Replies

Re: Video API Not Working

Hi @Oliver Guo - I'm still out of the office for a few more weeks, so I'm not following any reccent changes / issues. I think the quickest resolution of this issue would be to open a support ticket. They can escalate to the product group if it turns out to be something we need to look at or fix. Sorry. 

Solution

We experienced the same issue today, and after some testing using different tools found out that "User-Agent" header is required when doing a request. When doing a httpclient request using c#, this was not included as default, and had to be added manually:

_httpClient.DefaultRequestHeaders.Add("User-Agent", @"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.113 Safari/537.36");

the User-Agent could be whatever, but we used chromes. 

Regards

Kjell Erik

Thank you Marc

wow, cool : )

Hi Oliver -- we had an issue in the REST API that was introduced last week.  A customer reported it to us last Friday around 14:40 UTC, and we had a fix in production at 15:20 UTC.

While we do keep an eye on the forums for support issues like this, it's best to open a support ticket with CSS.  Providing a network trace (Fiddler or .HAR from Edge or Chrome) right at the start helps us quickly identify what's happening.

Steve

Thanks for your feedback Steve :-)

Related Conversations
spfx React > REST API > Map search results
Mike Jansen  in  SharePoint Developer  on
34 Replies
External Sharing with Stream or Video
Mike Adams  in  Office 365 Video  on
19 Replies
Office 365 Video - Microsoft Stream Convergence
George Cabe  in  Office 365 Video  on