Home

Office 365 Video thumbnails have disappeared

Tim Crean
Contributor

Office 365 Video thumbnails have disappeared

Some time in the last week the thumbnails on almost all of our Office 365 uploaded videos have disappeared and been replaced with thumbnails like below image.  Is anyone else seeing this in Office 365 Video?thumbnail.png

5 Replies

RE: Office 365 Video thumbnails have disappeared

Thanks for reporting this. We are tracking this as a high priority issue.

Re: RE: Office 365 Video thumbnails have disappeared

Thanks Vishal.  I have also created an Office 365 Support case on this.  case # below:

SRX617071193481371ID - Office 365 Video - Thumbnails are no longer showing up on uploaded videos.

I'm also seeing this on my tenant, is it worth raising a support ticket with Microsoft?

@Terry Hagan - I opened O365 support ticket SRX617071193481371ID.  The engineers have run a job on the backend for one of our impacted channels and that has resolved the issue with thumbnails for that particular channel.  I am waiting to hear back on next steps to fix it for all channels, but it does seem like the engineers know the resolution and possibly the cause.

@Terry Hagan - It sounds like you will need to open an O365 support call and ask them to fix the issue on your channels.  They will need a screenshot of the channel tenant ID's, which can be found at:

https://YOURTENANTURL.sharepoint.com/portals/hub/pSiteList/Portal%20Site%20List%20View.aspx

It might help to reference our ticket - SRX617071193481371ID

@Vishal Sood - FYI on above.  Do you all have a sense of how many O365 tenants are impacted by this thumbnail issue?

Tim

Related Conversations
External Sharing with Stream or Video
Mike Adams  in  Office 365 Video  on
19 Replies
Office 365 Video - Microsoft Stream Convergence
George Cabe  in  Office 365 Video  on
18 Replies
O365 Video Limitations
Mudasar Syed  in  Office 365 Video  on
8 Replies
blogs.office.com disappeared