What release channel do I need to be on, so my users get the 2019 ribbon and features of Pro Plus?

Iron Contributor

What Office 365 Release Channel do my end users need to be on, so that they get all the 2019 features (new Outlook ribbon, multiple account "badges" down the left side, etc.) for their Office 365 Business Premium accounts?

5 Replies
They’ll get it sooner or later, it all depends on what release channel they’re in! Please check in office file-> account and let me know

Adam

The user account is a brand new Microsoft 365 account (provisioned yesterday).  When I install their Pro Plus desktop apps from their account via the Microsoft 365 portal, firstly it still references the apps as being "Office 2016" instead of "Office 2019".  I don't know if this makes any difference.

Once installed the details next to About Outlook are:
Version 1809 (Build 10827.20138 Click to Run)
Monthly Channel

Office 2019 is a non-subscription based version of Office 365 ProPlus and not sure if it will reference to the 2019 version in any way! Most features of 2019 is already in the ProPlus version! Not sure about the ribbon! It will probably roll out to your tenant soon. Checked for updates?

I did.  The thing is my tenancy is a mix of Office 365 Business Premium, Office 365 Business Essentials (for users who already had Office on their machines), and now we're migrating people onto Microsoft 365 Business, so we can manage and monitor their platforms as well.

A couple of the Business Premium people received the new ribbon and "2019" features with their last forced update.   Others in that same tenant who are on Business Premium, have not.   Is that normal?  I would have though that if all users are under a single tenant, and on the same subscription (i.e. Business Premium) that they'd get the same features released to their desktop clients, all at the same time.

Is this not correct?