Moving multiple business emails from GoDaddy to Microsoft, and changing to ProPlus

Copper Contributor

I have several users with different business emails i.e. "accounting@example.com" and "sales@example.com" all through Office 365 on GoDaddy. We now have a Remote Desktop Services server which requires our users to have ProPlus licenses in order for office to work on Server 2016. GoDaddy does not offer what we want and we would like to switch our email hosting from them to Microsoft, keeping all of our domain emails and having them under ProPlus licensing. I've heard of many troubles with Office 365 on GoDaddy and that when you switch from them to Microsoft you essentially have to create the emails over again, meaning data backup will be necessary, which I have already taken. Any help with the steps I would need to take on GoDaddy's side or Microsoft's side is much appreciated, thank you for your time.

1 Reply

Basically, you will need to perform a full email migration, as there are no native tools that I know of that can help you migrate between different flavors of O365. Your best bet are third-party products.