Share PowerBI Dashboard with O365 Group

Silver Contributor

I'll ask the question here as well, is there any ETA to be able to share visibility of a dashboard created by a user with an O365 Group (i'm not talking about in the Group workspace).

Having to maintain our groups in AD even after we've turned them into O365 Groups is getting a bit tedious.

2017-03-21 13_13_09-Azure Active Directory Activity Logs - Power BI.png

4 Replies
bumping this, same question still applies

I want to understand this as well, we are delivering PowerBI engagements and having a Group across the tech and business users would be a great scenario

Hi Brent,

Not the answer for potentially applicable and might be news for some.

your scenario where you'd share dashboards/reports in a read only / consuming state to large groups is going to be covered by the "Power BI Premium" plan which is a dedicated node design.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi-premium/

They're removing the ability to Share or Consume shared at all from the Power BI Free plan.

Because of the cost, it'll only really become applicable once you are trying to consume for over 500 users or other specific use cases (I'm just thinking about a business internally sharing)

It does raise the question though as I've never actually tried myself. How does sharing to security groups currently work? How does it check everyone has the right licence? or does it just break when the user tries to access the resource and it licence checks then?
Bump. Please consider allowing report sharing with O365 groups.