Search Not Working in Group Sharepoint site

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

I've got an Office 365 group site with a team of users contributing documents to the default document library. However when we search for a document no results are returned? I've checked the site search settings to ensure results are being returned as well as the document library search settings. They look right. I've triggered a reindex to see if that helps. It is a private group if that makes a difference? Any advice gratefully received! 

5 Replies

Hi Suzanne,

from where are you starting your search? from within the group or from a search center?

kr,

Paul

I'm going to tag here @Christophe Fiessinger because I'm not sure if search in private groups is already working...I think so, but not 100 % sure

Hi Paul, the search is started within the group site :)

Thanks!

Yeah I saw that on uservoice, but it appeared to marked as implemented? Hopefully Christophe can clarify :) Thanks Juan!

UPDATE: after re-indexing 1 document started showing up in search results out of 60...so I went searching (pun intended) for the difference between that document and the rest...turned out that document was the only one with a published version (1.15) whereas all the others had only draft versions (0.45, 0.1 etc). So it seems we need to get at least 1 published version before they get indexed?