Scheduling a meeting for a group - OneNote meeting notes

Steel Contributor

When I schedule a meeting for an Office 365 group with Outlook 2016 desktop, I want to include/associate meeting notes in OneNote. I assumed that clicking on the OneNote icon in the meeting request ribbon would allow me to specify the notebook associated with the group - but it doesn't. In fact, the notebook with the group isn't even accessible as a choice in which to create the notes. 

As it turns out, this is a new group and a new notebook which has never been used before, and I find that I have to open it locally in OneNote desktop first before it is ever seen as a choice of target notebooks in my group meetings. This doesn't seem right - and is confusing the heck out of my users who are just now getting into using O365 groups. Can anyone confirm/validate that this is what they are seeing as well. The workaround is obvious - but very inconvenient.

Thanks,

Bob

2 Replies

I noticed the same thing the other day when demoing OneNote with a newly created Office 365 Group.

I am also curious that when you click the OneNote icon on the Outlook meeting toolbar as to how it knows to present the second option "Share notes with this meeting occurence".

Hi there,

a workaround is inserting Meeting Details directly from the OneNote page you want to use for the notes, see here.

This is possible also through Teams, as basically it's OneNote Online. A deeper integration would be obviously better; here some related UserVoice feedback you can vote: