SOLVED

Outlook Web Access Office 365 Groups "GroupFiles"

Steel Contributor

Morning all, We saw the new "GroupFiles" view drop into Groups OWA yesterday. Few Queries.

• Can someone link me to the Office blog about this feature? I can't seem to find it. I want to make sure my clients are prepared for this because of the next points.
  • GroupFiles does not actually seem to bring in any historical documents to the GroupFiles view at this time. Only new recieved attachments and newly uploaded documents are shown.
  • There was no pop-up or clear instruction that the "Files" tab in OWA had changed and how to access your other items. Whilst i was able to quickly find the "Browse Library" button I'm sure this will confuse some clients.
  • I assume wrongly or rightly that the "GroupFiles" experience will only apply to the OWA portion of Office 365 groups because contextually it makes sense there.

Bonus question. Any ETA on when the automatic saving of Received attachments into a Group library is going to arrive?

Regards,

Antony

9 Replies
Ey Antony,
Can you share a screenshot of the files view? I think I don't have it at my tenants yet

Is this what you are looking for.  We noticed it in our tenant as well.

It appears to take all files out of the folder structure in one view, and in the folder structure in the other view.

best response confirmed by Antony Taylor (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Anthony this was announced via the message center yesterday and here is the corresponding article: https://aka.ms/groupfiles ; blog post will go out next week. 

Fantastic thanks Christophe. I will admit I did not check the Message Center. Obviously wrongly I assume the message center is just a location to find admin information regarding GA releases.

Strangely today the GroupFiles view is working as intended. Here's a screenshot.

2016-11-10_09-15-47.png

Great, please note this has been rolled out to First Release customers only (and not worldwide).
Great new feature. I find it very useful, especially if Outlook is your home :)
Understood, I was thinking Anthony was referring to another feature :-)...I already had it in my tenants
I'm still desperately waiting for the feature that automatically uploads 365 group inbound attachments into their document library. It'll be a game changer when it happens.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Antony Taylor (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Anthony this was announced via the message center yesterday and here is the corresponding article: https://aka.ms/groupfiles ; blog post will go out next week. 

View solution in original post