Office 365 Groups at Microsoft Ignite 2017 - recordings are live!

Microsoft

Please find a summary of the Office 365 Groups presence at Microsoft Ignite two weeks ago, watch all the recordings!

Universal Toolkit for Teamwork.PNG

9 Replies
Hi Christophe. It seems that this session is linked with the wrong slide deck. Where could I go to download the correct slide deck? Thank you! https://myignite.microsoft.com/videos/53450

Please get it here until issue is fixed

At the moment, Office 365 Groups are horrible to work with and administrate. They completely fail to provide basic features in the PC/Mac versions of Outlook for example. Even basic lifecycle issues were completely ignored. I strong recommend the engineers in the different microsoft teams STOP trying to develop their own ideas about use cases and set about establishing the most very basic functionality.

Vincent sorry to hear you are not finding value in groups Outlook.

Can you please share the exact issues you are experiencing with both PC & Mac and what versions you are using?

What lifecycle issues did you encountered please?

Can't find the (Get-AzureADDirectorySetting) cmdlet referenced in the video anywhere.  It is not in 2.0.1.6 of AzureAd. Would you please direct me to the exact file and version where the cmdlet can be found?

Jon can you please explain what are you trying to achieve?

Well, I have a plan that would use SharePoint and Yammer that could potentially save our company thousands of dollars. However, I need a way to manage groups with external members. I was researching how to manage groups in PowerShell when I came across this recording.  It extolled the power of groups and I wanted to take a deeper dive, starting with Get-AzureADDirectorySettingTemplate. Unfortunately, even though I followed the instructions in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/active-directory-accessmanagement-groups-set... , I was unable to find the listed command. Apparently, the *AzureADDirectorySetting* commands are not included in the latest version of AzureAD.  Since you posted the video, I was hoping you could direct me to the library that contains these commands.

I really wanted to like groups -- and mostly do. But that fact that any group member can delete an item from the group someone defeats the purpose. We want to use groups as a running message board, but someone can accidently delete a message before anyone else has read it.

Teams sort of fill the same purpose, but groups seem like a equally good solution (except for the delete issue)