New Group Members not seeing Appointments

Copper Contributor

We are trying to determine why members that recently have joined a group do not see meetings that were scheduled before they joined, but are set for future dates. The one particular instance I'm chasing is a recurring meeting that was created before I joined the group. The person who created the invite has also updated the meeting details, should this not kick off some trigger to new groupies? Office 365 support has indicated that this is expected behavior. Would like to get a firm answer.

57 Replies

Was there ever a resolution found for this or is this still an on-going investigation? 

Still ongoing for us :(

We are also seeing the same issue and are hoping someone has come up with a workaround until it's resolved by Microsoft?

In general we would expect:

1. Group abc exists with meetings in the future

2. NewUser gets added to group abc

3. Group abc meetings auto-invite NewUser

Maybe someone figured it out with powershell or something?

@Ravin Sachdeva 

Was there any further investigation into this.  We're seeing this now, only it's more than just personal invites.  New Group users cannot even see any calendar events that were created before they joined when browsing to the calendar manually in Outlook or OWA.

@JoshV825  issue has never been solved.. :(

@Slawomir Drozdz 

For what it's worth, I spoke with Priyanka from MS O365 Support Team yesterday and she was able to recreate the problem.  Said the issue appears to affect some tenants and not others.  I'll let you know if I hear anything promising back.

@Slawomir Drozdz

FYI Priyanka and Vishal from O365 Support were able to resolve the issue for us. 

They were able to reproduce the problem on some of their test tenets but not others.  After some investigation, we also found that the issue did not manifest in all of our Groups, (can't be 100% certain, but it appeared older groups worked fine and newer ones did not).

Eventually, they manually forced a reset of all the background sync tasks on across our tenet from their end and the Groups started working as expected.  Tested several times by removing existing members, creating events, adding them back as well as adding brand new members that had never been in the group before and it all seems to be working correctly now.

Wow. OK ;) That's better than recreating the groups I guess! :)

Thanks!

We are getting a welcome email but no email to add recurring events. Anyone still getting this?

@Ed Dablin 

This is still happening for my tenant.  We have just rolled out Office 365 Groups company-wide and it's causing a lot of confusion.

@Meg Simmons Seemed to work for our latest recruit. We are only small so doesn't happen very often!

@Meg Simmons Didn't work with our latest recruit....

@eddablin have you been able to resolve this? This feature would be a lifesaver for us!

@jeanine1700 Nope. Have spoken to Microsoft about it. They think the feature no longer exists but they couldn't confirm. Anyone getting these emails working?

@eddablin 

I actually did!  If you create the meeting from the web, you'll see a link prompting you to invite members. I also tested on a PC and as long as the group calendar is highlighted, it does automatically add all members (and future members). See below:content.png

@Meg Simmons 

Thanks for responding. We do everything from the desktop app. Please can you confirm what future members experience? Do they get invites sent to their personal calendar when they join the group?

Hi All,

I guess this issue is still not resolved. Our new joiners (O365) are still not invited to groups' recurring calendar appointments :(

Was there a resolve for this? It is affecting our training department scheduling with new hires. 
@Robert Styles 

I don't know. I am having the problem too. I set the group's settings to receive all emails and events which produced an email saying "you may have missed these events" and a button to click on to add them all to your calendar. Sound great and just what is needed, however, NOTHING was added to the user's calendar. Based on what I read below, this requires an intervention from Microsoft.

Anything new on this?

We're also facing this problem and really need this to manage a bunch of appointments when new users join the company.

What we expect so see:

1. Appointments are scheduled in an O365 group calendar

2. New user is added to the group

3. User sees scheduled appointments of O365 group in his private calendar