Is there any way to display file expiration date?

Copper Contributor

I am have been working with the new Retention and Labels options within the Security and Compliance admin center in Office 365.  What I am trying to accomplish is to show within the Group Site document library a column that shows the file expiration date based on either the retention policy or label applied to the file.  I want users to be able to easily see this information.

I see that in the Preservation Hold Library, which gets created when retention is enabled, has this column by default:

expiration date.png

However, the standard "Documents" library does not.  It does have a "Labels" column available within the modify view area, so my initial thought was to create a calculated column that displays a date based off of what is in the "Labels" column. For instance, if Labels = "3 year retention" then I would add 3 years to the modifed date of the file.  However, it appears that the "Labels" column cannot be used in a calculated column.

labels.png

Does anyone know of any other creative ways to display this information?  Am I overthinking it?  I am hoping Microsoft will simply incorporate this information into the file information pane in a future enhancement of the service.

2 Replies

Hi @Jason Gombos did you ever find a solution for this as I'd be interested to know.

Thanks

Nigel

@Nigel Heath - did you get anywhere with this please? Many thanks