Introducing groups in Outlook for Mac, iOS and Android

Microsoft

We are very excited to announce that we are rolling out groups experiences in Outlook for Mac, iOS and Android. When available on your device, you can -

• View your group list.
  • Read and reply to group conversations.
  • Add group events to your personal calendar.
  • View unread messages sent to the group.
  • View group details within the group card (Outlook for iOS and Android only).

We are working on quick iterations and additional functionality in the upcoming months, so stay tuned. More information here - https://blogs.office.com/2017/04/18/introducing-groups-in-outlook-for-mac-ios-and-android/.

Thanks,

Krish

49 Replies
We are on O365 subscription but not able to see group on mac yet! even downloaded latest software from O365 on each users Mac!!
Hi Mohamed,
Could you file a ticket (Help > Contact Support) from Mac Outlook so we can direct it to our engineering team for investigation?
Thank you,
-Maria

We have a volume license and can see groups via O365 online and in the Windows 10 version of the Outlook 2016 client. I just can't understand why out Mac users are denied the functionality in the Mac client simply due to being on a different OS. 

Thanks, I have opened a case with Office365 support will update the outcome here.

Hey experts.

We have an office 365 subscription via a re seller,

Email accounts are setup for each user and also a group named "Site" , all users are on osx using latest Outlook

A user wants to be able to delete items from the group address but cant seem to be able to do this. Have applied owner permissions within shell but issue still persists.

cant find a way in the control panel either to edit permissions as it isn't listed as a distribution group just a group so has no exchange permissions.

Foudn some info on unified groups which seems to work in webmail but not Outlook..

reseller has said they cant really help and suggest Microsoft might resolve the bug at some point ??

Is this workign as intended, should mac users not currently be able to delete ?

Hi James,
You are right, we haven't yet built the feature to delete a conversation from the group shared space in Outlook for Mac yet. It is in our backlog. For now, delete operation is available for group owners and conversation owners from Outlook for Web.
Kudos to Microsoft team as latest update resolved our issue!
Now groups are showing on Mac!!

Thanks

Yes, I'd like and explainer on this as well.  I can see group folders in Outlook in Office 363 in the browser, I can see the same folders on my Windows 10 machine in Outlook 2016 but cannot see the folders in Outlook for Mac 2016.  Makes no sense whatsoever that there would be a volume licensing issue for Mac.  Poor decision.

Hi,

I already use the Nine Email client for Android. I need now mobile access to my group conversations, i.e. the shared mailbox. If I use the Outlook mobile app I fill up my phone with a second instance of all my emails (incl. calendar and notifications), which I don't need. I just need access to groups. Is there a way to use Outlook for Android just for the groups? 

Thanks,

Robert