Do I see the source from where an Office365Group was being created ?

Steel Contributor

Is it possible to see somewhere from where an O365 Group was created ?

Via...

• MS Teams
  • Planner
  • Power BI
  • Staff HUB
  • SharePoint Site

a simple property/flag via unifiedgroup would help :)

The reason why i'm asking is, that it would help to understand the reason/usage of the resources .

example:

If one creates a MS Team --> the owner/members of the team will likely not use the Shared Mailbox

--> identifying not used resources could be used to drive adoption (telling users that you got a shared mailbox too after you have created the team space)

As said this is just one idea

thanks

8 Replies
Stefan it's not a property we capture today but its on our backlog and don't have a date to share at this stage when it will be available

Thanks Christophe

In my opinion this would be pretty helpful for organizations to steer/drive adoption

and  Business Partners can use this information for building solutions :)

in the meantime there are usage reports for each workload to identify engaged groups

you mean the "Office 365 groups activity" within the Admin Portal, right ?

it gives very basic information, yes :)

but i'm curious to see if a group is heavily used in one of the different resources (e.g Exchange Online vs. SPO Site vs.  Teams vs. Yammer, etc.. :)

not just that one but the others as well: SP, Yammer

This is something that I have had some people request as well, glad to hear its on the backlog.

hmm...ok. so i could use these individual usage reports and correlate them together.

:) i found a way (at least when a O365Group was created via MS Teams)

compliance center tells me,

- first the Team create event

- followed by the O365Group creation

will check how it looks like for other resources and will share the results in here (or in my blog)