SOLVED

Blocked from creating a Group in Outlook

Deleted
Not applicable

@Drew Madelung thank you for this page! It has been a huge help. I have run into an issue with creating Groups in Outlook. Every other app allows me to create a group but Outlook.

I cleared out the latest template with the thought this would remove all settings applied with Office 365 Groups. I created a new template, you will see below. I tested it out in all of the apps again, Outlook was the only one saying it was blocked. I know I am missing something just not sure what.

Any ideas?

groupstemplate.PNG

2 Replies
best response
Solution

Thanks!  So with that template configured you are saying that you can create Groups in other apps but not Outlook?

Prior to AzureAD cmdlets Group creation control was only available through an OWA mailbox policy which would only work within Outlook.  You can check on this with this info:

$creds = Get-Credential
$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange –ConnectionUri ` 	https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $creds -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
Import-PSSession $Session

Get-OwaMailboxPolicy | select Name,GroupCreationEnabled 

Here is what it will look like if Group creation is enabled:

owagp.png

That was it! Thank you.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Thanks!  So with that template configured you are saying that you can create Groups in other apps but not Outlook?

Prior to AzureAD cmdlets Group creation control was only available through an OWA mailbox policy which would only work within Outlook.  You can check on this with this info:

$creds = Get-Credential
$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange –ConnectionUri ` 	https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $creds -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
Import-PSSession $Session

Get-OwaMailboxPolicy | select Name,GroupCreationEnabled 

Here is what it will look like if Group creation is enabled:

owagp.png

View solution in original post