(Almost) Full Access to A Group Without Being a Member

Copper Contributor

I would like to provide full access to a group but I don't want the individual to receive e-mail that is sent to the group. How can this be configured?

Thank you for assistance,

-bs

7 Replies
Is the user external or internal? And what part of Groups do you want them to use/access?
Ultimately the intent of Groups is that if someone is a member then they get access to everything.
You could possibly remove access to the shared mailbox through PowerShell but I'm not sure. If you simply din't want them to receive the emails - then just have them "unfollow". They can still see the emails in the shared mailbox, but won't receive them in their inbox.
Then what I understand is that you only want to give access to the Group files to this user...this is something you can do by means of PowerShell (SPO Management Shell is required here):
(1) Enable external sharing in the Group Site: set-sposite -Identity GroupSiteUrl -SharingCapabilyty
(2) Just add the external user in the Group site

The user is internal.

I want to provide access to everything in the group (no limitations). I just don't want the e-mails sent to the individual.

While I am an administrator, I am not knowledgeable about PowerShell. Please be explicit with any instructions. Thank you.

-bs

The user is internal.

I want to provide access to everything in the group (no limitations). I just don't want the e-mails sent to the individual. Access should be to all libraries, OneNote, planner, etc.

While I am an administrator, I am not knowledgeable about PowerShell. Please be explicit with any instructions. Thank you.

-bs

Bruce the user can control notifications and whether he/she gets a copy of the messages in the inbox, please see this: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Outlook-Blog/Introducing-Follow-in-inbox-and-other-improvemen...

Yes, I am aware that the user can control e-mail notification. However, the intent is NOT to make the person a group member....but to provide access to the group's libraries and such. Perhaps this level of administrative control is not possible!?