Home

Leveraging email and time analytics to maximize efficiency!

Michael Holste
Microsoft

A steady barrage of emails can quickly turn a manageable to-do list into a workday nightmare. Those dozens (or hundreds) of messages disrupt your focus, intensify stress levels and generally throw a wrench in your ideal workflow. If you’re not careful—and sometimes even if you are—email can become a second full-time job. Learn more about how to maximize your efficiency in the blog. https://blogs.office.com/2016/07/14/leveraging-email-and-time-analytics-to-maximize-efficiency/Leveraging email and time analytics to maximize efficiency 3

3 Replies

Great piece! These issues are absolutely top of mind for the organizations I'm speaking to. Thanks for sharing, @Michael Holste

Highlighted

Personally  I was absolutely stunned when reviewing Delve Analytics and looking at how much time I personally and my organization spends on email, meetings, etc.  Being CEO, I was by far the worst, it was a second job, no wonder I was always working 12 to 16 hour days!  This information was enlightening and has allowed me to adjust my schedule and become more strategic with how I spend my time.  

I have moved to blocking out specific times for answering email, proposals, ideas, and developing strategic initiatives.  Having read some other Delve articles about how to categorize time properly I have really managed to increase my productivity, all of this prompted by information provided by Delve. 

In retrospect it is amazing we weren't doing this type of analysis years ago, it just makes sense, as they say hindsight is always 20/20!  

Thanks for sharing! This is a wonderful use case of how people can correct their working habits and highlight ways to be more effective with Delve. 

Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
46 Replies
Extentions Synchronization
Deleted in Discussions on
3 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
flashing a white screen while open new tab
Deleted in Discussions on