"Someone has already setup Teams for your organization"... With Office 365 Account

Copper Contributor

We have an Office 365 Business Premium user who, after changing his Office password this morning, is presented with the screen below when he attempts to login to Teams using his business email account like before the password change. The web version of Teams works just fine, but the Teams application does this every time. We've removed any Office or Teams reference from Credential Manager, removed the files from the Appdata folders that pertain to Teams. We've even re-checked the user's Office licensing and it's all as it should be.

When we uninstall Teams (right-click in the list and select Uninstall), we're not prompted with anything but Teams eventually disappears from the list of installed applications. When we run the installer for Teams, it acts as if Teams is already installed and pops up the sign-in window and this is the result of clicking the Sign In button with his email address in the field. 

I've seen this in reference to a Teams free setup, but not for an account with an Office subscription. Any ideas out there? 

Thanks,

John

TeamsError.png

6 Replies

@John Stoddart 

Is the OS you're installing/uninstalling on, Windows 10? I know you mentioned "Credential Manager" but if it is Windows 10, have you checked on the "Email & Accounts" settings? If the account is listed under "Accounts used by other apps" maybe "manage" that, or remove it and try again? Just a thought. 

Edward

@Edward Dake Sorry. I forgot to say that it's a Windows 7 Pro computer. 

What happens if you try clicking use another email address. It sounds like your user has a Microsoft account that matches their office 365 account and it’s conflicting. When the user does incognito to teams and tries logging in do they get the prompt to use personal or work account?

In an inognito window, the user is prompted with which kind of account with which they're signing in. He selected Work and got into Teams on the Web. Afterwards, trying to log into the Teams desktop application, we get the same screen as shown above. It's a super odd issue. 

I would have them go and change the personal account login for their Microsoft account. Assign it a new @outlook.com for the login on that account and set it as the default. Then make sure you sign out on Teams after a bit, and try logging in again, it should then use the work account since the login name isn't used on the personal account anymore.

The link to that page is: https://account.live.com/names/Manage?mkt=en-US&refd=account.microsoft.com&refp=profile

Someone has already setup Teams for your Organization - step by step to remove rename outlook email

https://www.azure365pro.com/someone-has-already-setup-teams-for-your-organization/