Home

Where is the option to set the default client for messages and calls?

Steve Whitcher
Regular Contributor

I recently came across a setting to configure the default client (Skype4b or Teams) for a user.  There were 2 drop downs, one for messages and one for calls.  I set the default for my user to Microsoft Teams, and now want to change it back to Skype4b, but I've searched everywhere and can't find this option.  Is it gone, or am I just overlooking it?

3 Replies

Teams admin portal, https://admin.teams.microsoft.com

Be aware that these policies are changing to be replaced by modes as described here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/upgrade-and-coexistence-of-skypeforbusiness-and-team...

Chat and Calling need to match, otherwise core features like adding a call to a chat don't work.

I thought that's where the setting was, but I can't find it anywhere.  It looks like perhaps the admin portal has already been updated for the 'new' coexistence modes you pointed to, and the old settings removed.  

I love the faster pace of change that comes with O365, but sometimes it does get a bit frustrating.  

Interestingly, I do have the Coexistence mode setting, but only have options for Islands, Skype4b only, and Teams only.  I don't see the 'Skype for Business with Teams Collaboration' or 'Skype for Business with Teams Collaboration and meetings'  modes that are mentioned in the doc.  I can definitely see where those might be useful though, to reduce confusion during transition periods.  

I tried switching over to Teams Only mode, but it doesn't seem like it is working right. My Skype client tells me to go to Teams, but I still receive Skype IM windows.

Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
38 Replies
Extentions Synchronization
Deleted in Discussions on
3 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
flashing a white screen while open new tab
Deleted in Discussions on