Home

What version of MS Teams stops changing the Availability icon automatically from available to away?

C Edwards
Contributor

What version of MS Teams stops changing the Availability icon automatically from available to away?

Hi All,

What version of MS Teams stops changing the Availability icon automatically from available to away? MS Team users on some forums are saying the Availability icon has now been fixed but do not give the MS Teams version. The MS Teams desktop version installed on my laptop is 1.1.00.7855 but it is not fixed. When I check for updates for my MS Teams desktop application it states I am using the latest version, but the Availability icon keeps changing automatically.

Please Help

9 Replies

Re: What version of MS Teams stops changing the Availability icon automatically from available to aw

The icon will always change if you are away for more than like 5 minutes. The issue used to be it wouldn't change even if you were on your computer actively working but not inside clicking around in Teams.

Re: What version of MS Teams stops changing the Availability icon automatically from available to aw

Not true. I have Teams open right now on my second monitor. I am activity typing and working non stop and it still switches to busy after about 5 minutes. I cannot prevent it from doing this.

EDIT: I am on the latest version. I just checked for updates and none are available.

If it’s switching to busy then you have something running on your computer triggering it. Used to be things like RDP etc. would cause your status to go busy. Now if you have meetings scheduled in your calendar it will switch you to busy for your meetings etc. but sounds to me like you have something triggering that busy flag in the system.

What version do you show? The latest version will only activate once your tenant has the latest presence updates on the back end.

You may be on to something. I run all my applications through Citrix XenApp.

- Microsoft Teams Version 1.1.00.14359 (64-bit). It was last updated on 6/12/18.

Yup, that will probably trigger the RDP flag for busy.

So slightly different problem, mine doesn't change automatically at all, when I lock the computer it stays in available.

Any suggestions?  

Well two part problem. Do you have the new presence updates on your tenant? You can tell by looking at the top of your chat contact list, if you don't see the new "Contacts" tab then you don't have the updates and until then I wouldn't worry about it.

If you do, then remember you have to wait a bit before it goes away, it doesn't do it right away, 5 minutes I think? If it still doesn't then you have something on your machine or someone on another device/machine with your Teams logged in causing the status to stay available possibly.

Anyway, check for the updates, because that's a big one, if you don't presence was in a very inconsistent state before the updates

Ok thanks, I do have the update so I will pay attention to this around the 5min mark

So it doesn't automatically change when you in a meeting booked into your calendar? 

Yes, it will change to Busy "In a Meeting" assuming your calendar entries are marked as busy "Show As:". You also can't plug a meeting in current time, it runs on a timer so if you set one for like 30 minutes from now, it should auto change you to busy. If you go set a meeting right now for current time it won't change right away.
Related Conversations
What are known folders ???????
stev Wolf in Office 365 on
4 Replies
EXCEL CHANGES DATA AFTER SCENARIO IS SHOWN
V. K. in Resources and Community on
5 Replies