What's the best way to share a video feed during a Teams meeting

Steel Contributor

Howdy,

We're having a Town Hall type meeting in our office and include all our remote people or whoever isn't available to come to our big meeting area.  We will be sharing a standard powerpoint but also need to be able to share a video feed.

At some point, the presenter is going to walk over to a flip chart to do some drawings/sketches and we want to broadcast that out over Teams to everyone watching.  I'm just not sure on the best way to do something like that.

• I know I can share my own video feed from my laptop's camera so one option would be to connect a USB webcam and share that.
  • I also know that from the mobile app I can share the video feed from the camera so that would be another option.
  • I've also read a little bit about Teams Live Meetings but that seems like it might be overkill for what we're trying to do, but maybe that's the best way to do this?

Just looking for information, advice, etc from anyone who's done something like this before to know what worked well, what didn't, and what we should consider trying out.

Thanks!

1 Reply

Hi,

I guess the best way to get the video stream into a Teams meeting is to share your desktop with system audio. In a Live Events it is harder, see the article for both Teams meeting and Live Events.
https://www.lync.se/2019/08/include-system-audio-in-teams-meetings/

For the flip chart I guess the computer with USB cam is easiest. If your presenter doesn't want to use the whiteboard in Teams meetings. If you are using a Microsoft Teams Room system for your meeting you could use the content camera in the meeting.