Home

Video calls on simultaneous devices

Alistair Trigg
Contributor

Hi

When video/voice calling do all clients simultaneously ring on all devices for that user. We have found that some users at their desks when video/voice called see the connection on their PC but not mac or phone. Would this be the speed of the potential different networks?

Alistair

3 Replies
Not sure on Mac, but mobile will always be slower due to it going through push notification system. Mac might be riding on the same network but I don't think it is. There has also been reports that Mobile devices aren't getting PSTN calls consistently it could also be affecting normal voip calls as well?

@Alistair Trigg - Ideally, mobile clients will ring almost simultaneously as desktop clients. If you are receiving regular push notifications for chat messages, I do expect calls to ring. 

I need your help to investigate this. Couple requests -

1 - What phone are you or the user reporting this issue using? (For example - iPhone 8/X, Samsung Galaxy S8, Google Pixel) 
2 - Does this repro consistently? Next time it does, immediately file a bug from the Teams app > Hamburger menu icon (Settings) > Report an issue. Please drop me a message when you do, I'll make sure to follow up

Hi

I think it was a lag on the different networks. We have tested this during the week and it seems to work fine. Thanks for your offer of help.

Alistair