Users migrated to teams 3 days ago still don't have dial pad.

Brass Contributor

I've got about half of my organization upgraded to Teams with Direct Routing.

On Friday I upgraded 138 more users, and first thing this morning I'm getting reports from more than a dozen users that they don't have the dial pad and can't make outbound calls.  Inbound calls to their PSTN number are working.

Is there anything I can do to find out why this has taken 60+ hours and still isn't working?

Accounts are all licensed with E5 and checking them in the Teams panel, they look like other users that things are working for.  Get-CsOnlineUser output also looks the same.

8 Replies
Don’t know much about your setup and settings etc, but I’ve heard changes like this taking a few days more :\
Dialing shouldn’t take that long. Have a user missing dial pad sign out and back in. Let us know.

@adam deltinger  That kind of makes me crazy.  We'd been told previously by Teams Product Management that 40 hours is the maximum queue processing depth.

We're at 65 hours now and I have 54 out of 138 users who have reported no dial pad. :( 

The only thing that usually takes that long is chat routings when it comes to interop changes. The majority of call routing and all that shouldn't take more than a couple hours on average. That's why I say try to have them log out and sign back in, this usually will force a cache reset and update the dialing policy. Simply restarting doesn't have the same effect.

Thanks @Chris Webb

I'll have some folks try that right now.

At this point, I have yet to find a single user out of the 138 users migrated that has the Dial Pad available to them.

Inbound calls to their PSTN numbers all work.

Internal calls, meetings, etc all work.

None of them can place an outbound PSTN call.

We've tried having 10 users sign out of all devices for 15 minutes, then sign back in on a single device.  No change.

Support has been ... useless so far.

It's pretty frustrating that there isn't a separate support channel when there's a back end problem like this.

believe me, I know, I'm going on like 2 weeks for a ticket of mine from a Teams Only migration issue of lingering inter-op policies that they removed.

@Ron Prague  Please make sure that users have AllowCalling policy enabled, are on Teams-Only policy, 

have voice routing policy.

here are the powershell commands:

Grant-CsTeamsCallingPolicy -PolicyName Tag:AllowCalling -Identity xyz@xyz.com
Grant-CsTeamsUpgradePolicy -PolicyName UpgradeToTeams -Identity xyz@xyz.com

Grant-CsOnlineVoiceRoutingPolicy -Identity "xyz@xyz.com" -PolicyName "XYZ"

After that wait some time and restart teams client.