Unable to view shared calendar after Teams update

Copper Contributor

Good day all, 

I have been using Teams for a few months now and we have been using a shared calendar on it's own tab for all individuals on the team to schedule appointments. The Teams application has been updated recently and nobody on my team seems to be able to view the shared calendar any longer. Only our personal Outlook calendar is visible. It used to be that we could select which calendars to view (both personal and shared or just shared) and update all of them. Any and all help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day everyone.  

6 Replies
I don't think it's as much Teams update that did it, versus that OWA has been updated to a new UI / version that is probably the actual cause here.

@Chris Webb Thanks for the reply. That sounds about right. I am unsure, though, how the OWA update would affect a calendar created in Teams? 

If you are talking about the Meetings tab in Teams on the left side that has ALWAYS been personal calendar always, it's never been anything else. It sounded like you were talking about a tab in a channel linked to a shared calendar, and only way that would work is via OWA or to a shared calendar on the attached SharePoint Site.

@Chris Webb Hi again, I apologize for my lack of understanding. You are correct. I am on the Teams tab on the side and there is a group with a channel that has a number of tabs to the right. One of those tabs was a group calendar where clinicians would schedule appointments with clients. I don't think it was linked to Sharepoint, as the application does not seem to be installed. As such, it would seem that previous calendar was on a Tab for a website (OWA I suspect). However, when I try to view the URL for the previous calendar, it will only display my personal calendar. Is it possible the old calendar was deleted or the URL changed with the OWA update? Thanks again!

What is the URL on that tab? is it to outlook.office.com or something similar? I know OWA got updated since it was in a optional preview state, but I think they recently pushed the new UI to everyone. And there were things you used to be able to link to that have changed or just no longer possible. It's most likely the cause if it's infact Outlook Web that you are linking too. You'll have to figured out how / if it's even possible to get to the calendar on the new UI and update the URL with that new method, but I don't know 100% sure, just know this is probably the cause of why it just quit working and a place to check on how to fix or where you need to investigate should it be the case.

@Chris Webb Thanks again! I believe you are again correct. The tab did link to an OWA calendar and it would seem that after the update the URL defaulted to the personal calendars. There is no sign of the old URL linking to the Group Calendar. It may be that a new Group Calendar will need to be created, given the OWA is out of optional preview mode. Thanks again and have a great day :)