I am a paid Teams user. I uninstalled teams32 to reinstall as 64bit as recommended. I can no longer install Teams. I get "Installation has failed. There was an error while installing the application. Check the setup log for more information and contact the author." There is then a squirrel log which I attach below as a word doc (system wold not let me attach the .txt log and repeatedly bombed when I tried to insert it as text in this message).
1. There is an "author" -- a company called Microsoft. But no answer there and no one home to reply.
2. I read other threads about this problem and followed them: I deleted the app/local files for teams and for teams machine, as well as the apps and all files I could find. Still no luck.
3. I also ran as admin - no luck there either.
4. I also reinstalled office - no help.
5. I also updated to the latest windows patches - no help.