Teams desktop sharing clipboard not working

Brass Contributor

Hi there,

If I'm doing a remote control session, I cannot paste things from my local computer clipboard into teams remote connection. It seems either it doesn't work or it has not been implemented on Teams. is this the case?

6 Replies
No, not supported! It’s not suppose to work as a Remote Desktop/ helpdesk solution, more like a extended presenting thing

@adam deltinger why has it got remote control then? that is not required for presentation. Sharing clipboard is present in any remote connection tool out there for years

@alexb2420 

I agree that this should be working.  Our company recently switched from Skype for Business to Teams for all collaboration.  Clipboard sharing worked just fine in SfB.

Another item that doesn't work properly in Teams sharing is keyboard mapping.  I use Dvorak but also have Qwerty installed for the times I need to share.  I can set the layout to Qwerty when sharing, but when the recipient tries to type it's still in Dvorak.

I just discovered the keyboard mapping works if I share the window, not the screen. Still haven't figured out the clipboard part though.

@jmcgowen I get some problems when sharing the whole monitor and giving away control, my mouse cursor struggles to escape the shared monitor. I need to revoke control to then be able to move my mouse cursor away, very annoying.

I just got bit by this oversight during a live training call where I needed to take over someone's computer and paste some code. Fortunately got it working by pasting to the Chat first, but that's definitely not a good solution (due to formatting changes, emoji substitution, etc.).