Teams desktop app opens documents twice

Copper Contributor

Having an issue with the latest build of MS teams. When opening files within their respective programs (if a spreadsheet I choose "open with excel", or word document I choose "open with word". They open fine and I can make changes without issue. However, once I close the file anywhere from 15 seconds to maybe a minute after, the same file reopens itself. Seems to only happen within the teams desktop app. Tried the web app and it doesn't happen. Also tried opening directly from Sharepoint, doesn't happen there either.

Help!

25 Replies
@Kevin Jansen Hello Kevin, Here is our ticket number with Microsoft:15874071. Regards, Anthony

@v803742  Thank you fot this.

I have mentioned this case to the engineer who is helping me and I got the following back:

Thank you for your email. We appreciate the info you have shared with us on another tenant that's having the same issue. Honestly, our team is also encountering the same issue and we believe this is affecting multiple tenants across the globe. Our MS Teams is behaving exactly as what you have reported and we got notification that there is an open service degradation relating to this fault.

TM188166

MS Teams - unable to edit, view, list or upload documents within teams

Scope of impact: This issue may potentially affect any of your users attempting to use Teams features that are integrated with Sharepoint Online.

Preliminary root cause: A cabling issue within one of our regional datacenters caused a portion of infrastructure that processes service traffic to become degraded.

Rest assured our MS Teams engineering team is working their best to get this fault sorted. We shall get back to you should we have relevant updates to share.

they are aware, and working on it. just have to wait some more

@Kevin Jansen 

Thanks for posting this.  You received much more info than I did.  LOL  here's my response from MS:

I have checked the update with my technical lead and we are certain that the issue will be resolved for your tenant as well once the changes have been rolled out. 

Kindly request you to wait for the upcoming update as this would be a permanent resolution. 

Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this regards. I will be happy to assist you further. 

Awaiting your response. 

In my contacting with MS, they replied that the correction for this issue is being worked on at the Teams service side. The correction is planned to be rolled out to tenants the end of this month (2019/8).

Today is 8/29 but this issue still happens in my tenant.

9/20 I received a mail from MS that this issue has been fixed. I tested it in my tenant and it seems that the twice open problem do not exist any more.
How about your case?

@zhiyuan_chen022 

Seems also been fixed for me. Good work Microsoft!