Teams causing Outlook for Mobile to ask for login over and over again, Android OS

Copper Contributor

Hi,

A few of our users have encountered this problem including myself. It started all of the sudden in August.
It behaves like this:

You are able to preview the incoming emails but you cant read them without login into Office365 again, then you simply press login from within the Outlook for Mobile app and it logs you in and all is good. The problem is that is can ask you to login a few times per hour, regardless if you change network or just stay in one spot. I found that logging our from the Teams application stops this behavior completely. Teams never asks for any unnatural logins when running the application so its a bit strange that Teams gets Outlook to ask for the logins all the time.

What i have tried to resolve this:

Reset my MFA and all profiles in the Authenticator app.
Remove all added accounts for all Office applications on my phone.

Removed, reinstalled apps.

Those who are affected are all using MFA and Android OS.
Any ideas?

BR

4 Replies

@andreasahlqvist 

I have a few Android users complaining of similar issues in our environment as well and I haven't found a way to prevent it yet.

Thanks,

-Scott

It's not Teams, it's all MS apps due to a regression they've introduced in the authentication broker app. Supposedly is fixed already, but not sure if the update has been actually pushed to the app store.

Good to know that something is being done about this. But shouldn't me or the other users have similar issues using other MS apps if it is as you say about the regression? All apps run just fine by themselves - this only happens when you introduce Teams into the mix.

Do you know in what version this should have been fixed in? Im running 6.6.3 Version of the Authenticator application.
I can now confirm it seems to be working with the 6.6.4 Version of the Authenticator App!
Been running without any issues for about a week now.
For reference im running Teams V. 1416/1.0.0.2019092401

BR