Team Picture doesn't show up for any users

Brass Contributor

Hi :)

our organisiation wants to use Teams from now on.
I have a question about an issue we have.
When I select an image for the Team Picture nobody at the organisiation can see this picture. Just me, who uploadet it.
So what can I do so everybody incl. guest users can see the team picture?
Is anybody else having this issue?

Thanks a lot
Michael

5 Replies
Hi @lotz-hellerau

Could be propagation. Have you tried a user logging out of Teams and back in? If users have been using Teams for some time this could be due to the Teams client caching. See article:

http://www.matthewjbailey.com/solved-microsoft-teams-profile-picture-not-showing/

Here issue is with user photos as opposed to Teams photos but could ultimately be a similar issue. I would recommend having someone in the Team clear the cache and then see if they can then see it.

So I would recommend
1.) Logging out and back into Teams
2.) Logging out and back into Teams with clearing the cache

With a member of the Team.

Let me know how you get on

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 
Thank you very much :) Now the members of the Organisation can see the Team Picture, but Guest Users still don't see it. Maybe you also have a idea? :)

Thanks a lot

Michael

Hi Michael,

Great we solved one part of it.

Try
1.) Having the guest do the same by logging out and back in and also doing this with the cache
2.) If 1 doesn’t work try removing and reading them to the Team

I don’t know if these will work 100% as It may not be possible for guests to see the photo given their permissions. They may only see the Team, as it is

Let me know how it goes

Best, Chris
Pretty sure guests cannot see Team pictures.

@Chris Webb 

Hi, I seem to have the same problem, when I add the picture to guest users, have they are already signed in, it seems that image cannot be updated, but if I have them renew their invitation in Azure AD, it works.