TEAMS as Support or HelpDesk

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Iron Contributor

Hello,

I am exploring Teams to if this could be used as Service/Support/Helpdesk solutions ?

Please provide with your expert suggestion on for this sort Teams Usage

BR,

/HS

23 Replies
Hi @Himanshu Singh,

I guess it depends on the functionality you need and the outputs. If you mean could it be used as a forum for users and guests to have their questions answered? Yes it could and I know several businesses today doing this. Will Teams operate like a mature support application like Zendesk? Then the answer is no not at the current time. It doesn't currently allow things like case/ticket management for example. It can't report on SLA's, it wouldn't be able to give users an update on the status of their enquiry or issue.

However, you can integrate apps like ZenDesk with Microsoft Teams - and I know that the Microsoft team is considering doing something like this in the future.

So all in all, I would say at the current time I would use an app such as Zendesk and plug it into Teams as to trying to make Teams do something it hasn't got the features for to provide a high quality support/helpdesk experience for both users and the customers.

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

Hi @Himanshu Singh,

I think it depends on your demands for the "servicemodule". The combination of Teams and Planner boards can be a powerful thing but for most cases, the abilities are too limited as already mentioned above.

In any case, Teams/Planner is a great thing to support your Service team especially when your Service module is integrated into the team.

Sven

Only way teams can make a viable support system is utilizing the underneath SharePoint site and building out some lists to handle ticket tracking and using the new list modules for searching and send to access the different lists. But Teams itself. No way I would ever use it for support outside of a communication tool for direct questions and responses. If that’s the only requirement then fine a guess only if volume is extremely low.

@Himanshu Singh -  I agree with others that teams would not be a robust support system by itself. But, I’d recommend including Teams as a part of your helpdesk's tools.  Our helpdesk’s Team is the heaviest used Team at our university 

Yeah! As said here, not by itself but used either as a compliment or to integrate it! There’s lots of possibilities and further ones ahead regarding integration with other apps, create actions directly from chat etc..the service module in Dynamics can be integrated into Teams already for example

@Himanshu Singh Have you manage to find a solution for this? I'm also looking for such solution. 

@Himanshu Singh We are currently trying to intergrate teams for a helpdesk. We only have about 50 members at work, and my plans are to use sharepoint pages and lists like another user mentioned, then create bots that can either respond in teams or Outlook using flow. At least that is the plan.

I'm exploring teams.  I'd like to add someone from outside of my organization.

@skwal   Do you have an English version of the power apps install link mentioned below?  Thank you in advance. BiliseT

Hi
Just click on « lire en anglais » upper right of page

@Himanshu  Singh  When I am logging my school account it cant help me logging in when i am trying to reset it cant be reset. Please reset it today is my online class . My username-alok12056@stfrancisschooljasidih.in 

I'm not able to reset the password and unable to sign in.

This would be interesting, right now we just use an exchange mailbox to keep track of calls. its fairly low volume. Just a few per day, and only 3 people accessing it. I was thinking Teams might be a better option than the mail boxes. If we can get people to use it and stop using the phone or email.

@CalebW I would be interested on how you got on with this as I am looking for a similar solution...

@Himanshu Singh 

We are using teams for my help-desk.  It mostly works.  I would like to have a follow up queue to follow up with Customers/Guests.

We have 50+ direct customers (Hotels/RVparks)  and we have created a Channel for each site some have Sales and Office support.

Customer1 (all of their Guests support calls go here) 

Customer1 Sales  (all of their Guest Sales calls go here)

Customer1 Support (all of their Office support calls go here) 

Bill

@Himanshu Singh Please look up https://www.rezolve.ai/home . It is a employee/IT service desk product built specifically for MS Teams and uses AI + other advanced automations.

I hope this helps.

@Himanshu Singh 

I get it relies upon the usefulness you need and the yields. On the off chance that you mean could it be utilized as a gathering for clients and visitors to have their inquiries replied to? Indeed, it could and I realize a few organizations today doing this. Will Teams work like a develop uphold application like Zendesk? At that point, the appropriate response is no at the current time. It doesn't presently permit things like case/ticket the executives for instance. It can't write about SLA's, it wouldn't have the option to give clients a report on the status of their request or issue.

Notwithstanding, you can coordinate applications like ZenDesk with Microsoft Teams - and I realize that the Microsoft group is thinking about accomplishing something like this later on.

So all things considered, I would state at the current time I would utilize an application, for example, Zendesk, and fitting it into Teams as to attempting to cause Teams to accomplish something it lacks highlights for to offer an excellent help/helpdesk experience for the two clients and the clients.

Hope this is fine
Visit: Public Media Solution to resolve your same kind of queries