Switching organizations and reviewing alerts doesn't clear them

Iron Contributor

Switching organizations and reviewing all the changes doesn't clear the red number alert

• When I change orgs, the number temporarily goes away
  • When I switch to another org, it comes back

I'm talking about there "red number" alerts here:

teams.png

10 Replies
Yeap. this is a known issue...number of alertas has not worked well since the launching of Teams. Microsoft is committed to improve this

This is an issue off and on in our tenant.  It's usually better in the mobile client.  But that was acting up this morning.

Hi @Michael T. DePouw Spottedmahn - I've had the same experience.  I've tried to figure out a pattern, but I haven't been able to. (I've tried flipping back and forth, making sure things were read, etc.)

I finally found a workaround: review the different orgs/notifications on the mobile app.

@Deleted 

Hi @Chris Webb - any help / insight on this one?

It has been a problem for many months now.  I continue to miss messages b/c I start ignoring the red #.

Google search hint: teams red alerts not going away

Hopefully, that will get indexed by google making this issue more discoverable.
It's an ongoing issue. Us MVP's complain about it all the time :P. They are working on MultiUser/Fast Tenant etc. work on the road-map and my guess it'll get fixed with all that stuff hopefully. But it's def. something that's not reliable for all of us.
>Us MVP's complain about it all the time
Thank you! :thumbs_up:

I don't want to jump the gun but for the past two days, I haven't been having this problem!!

Is this fixed?? :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

It was broken again today :crying_face:

My phone workaround worked though.